Do you have crooked teeth? Are you looking for the best invisible teeth aligner? If so, you will be glad to know that Byte and Invisalign are two of the most popular invisible teeth aligners available today.
Since its introduction more than 2 decades ago, Invisalign, the first invisible teeth aligner, has been Successfully used by more than 9 million people from all over the world.
However, even though Byte has been on the market for only a few years, its popular appeal is undeniable thanks to its effectiveness and the convenience of at-home use.
Choosing between these two options can be quite a challenge. Even though they are both invisible aligners, they use different processes to help you straighten your smile, command different prices and are suited to treating slightly different cases of teeth misalignment.
To identify your best option, between Byte and Invisalign, keep reading…
Head-To-Head Comparison of Features
One of the top at-home teeth alignment treatment options, Byte promises to help you straighten your smile without having to make a trip to the dentist or orthodontist. This treatment option promises to help you achieve your desired results in less than 6 months.
- Smile Science Advanced Aesthetic Treatment: Byte uses their Smile Science software to scan your entire face before designing aligners that perfectly match your facial features.
- Straight Cut Aligners: Byte uses straight cut aligners: which use the gum as an anchor – to apply extra pressure on your teeth, and ensure that they can be straightened in 6 months or less. However, the aligners are slightly more visible due to the gum overlap.
- All-Day or Night-Time Only Treatment: Byte offer two different teeth alignment treatment plans. The All-day plan requires you to wear aligners for 22 or more hours each day, while the Night-time only plan requires you to wear aligners for 10 or more hours – at night and while you sleep.
- Hyperbyte: Categorized by the FDA as a Class II medical device, Hyperbyte – which works together with your Byte aligners – uses high frequency vibrations to reduce discomfort and provide faster results. According to Byte, using Hyperbyte for just a few minutes, as per your chosen treatment plan, every day can help you reduce treatment time.
- Doctor-Directed: All Byte teeth alignment treatment plans are approved and reviewed by licensed and board certified orthodontists and dentists spread out in all states. Your progress is tracked through monthly check-ins conducted via your online Byte account, through which you can contact your Byte advisor.
- Byte-For-Life Lifetime Guarantee: If you can demonstrate that you followed Byte’s treatment plan to the letter, Byte promises to offer any extra treatment free of cost if your teeth ever move out of position after completing treatment.
Invisalign is designed to give you a straight smile by correcting a variety of problems, including underbite, overbite, crossbite, open bite, gap teeth, crowded teeth, permanent and baby teeth, with in-person visits to the doctor’s office. Depending on your requirements, or the condition of your smile, this treatment option promises to deliver your desired results in at least 6 months.
- iTero Element Scanner: This scanning technology is used by your dentist to create a 3D image of your teeth and come up with a suitable, personalized treatment plan.
- Scalloped Aligners: For a more discrete look, Invisalign uses scalloped aligners – cut to match your gum line – to eliminate any gum overlap. To provide additional support, your dentist may have to use Invisalign attachments to anchor the aligners to the gum.
- SmartTrack Aligner Material: This material is specially designed to ensure that Invisalign aligners are comfortable, strong and easily removable, while still moving teeth predictably.
- Vivera Retainers: To ensure that you retain your straight smile after completing treatment, your dentist may advise you to use Invisalign’s Vivera Retainers – known for their added strength and effectiveness.
- ClinCheck Software: Eliminates any guesswork when it comes to creating the perfect smile by mapping out each step in your teeth straightening journey.
- SmartForce Attachments: These attachments are used to help correct serious teeth misalignment issues, and ensure that you achieve the desired results.
- In-person Dental Professional Support: Your dentist or orthodontist acts as your in-person Invisalign support person throughout the treatment process. You can visit their office for in-person consultations and checkups whenever you feel the need to, in addition to the mandatory visits required by Invisalign.
- Guarantees: If you have paid for the Invisalign Full treatment plan, you can get as many aligners as you need to ensure that you achieve the desired outcome, if the initial aligners do not get the job done.
Can Byte or Invisalign be Done at Home?
To answer the above question you will need to understand how each treatment process works.
Byte’s In-Home Options
Byte is designed to help you straighten your teeth from home; you do not need to visit a dental professional’s office for this treatment.
The first step in the Byte teeth alignment journey is to order an impression kit from their official website. Once the kit arrives, you will need to use it to capture the impressions of your teeth right from the comfort of your home, before sending it back to the Byte team.
RELATED: Byte vs Candid
The Byte team, which is made up of hundreds of board certified and licensed dental professionals drawn from all 50 states, will then assess the impressions to see whether your condition qualifies for the Byte treatment.
If you are accepted, the Byte team will work closely with you to come up with a suitable treatment plan and timetable for you. This treatment plan will be explained to you in detail – using 3D graphics – by a member of the team, during an online consultation.
Afterwards, a detailed step by step treatment plan will be delivered to your home together with your custom aligners. You can then use the aligners and follow the treatment instructions to the letter to straighten your teeth from home.
With Invisalign, you will be required to visit an approved dental professional’s office near your location to get the treatment.
The first step is to visit a dental professional’s office and have your teeth scanned to create 3D impressions. A treatment plan, tailored to your specific needs will also be created at this point.
Afterwards, your custom clear aligners will be created from these impressions.
To ensure that the desired results are achieved, you will be required to visit your orthodontist’s or dentist’s office after every two weeks – or as directed by your dental professional. During these visits, your dentist might give you new aligners after assessing your progress to ensure that you are on the right path.
Price: Is Byte or Invisalign Cheaper?
In terms of pricing, Byte is definitely more affordable than Invisalign. If you choose the All-Day treatment plan, Byte charges a $1,895 onetime payment; this rises to $2,295 for the At-Night treatment plan. Byte also offers credit terms, with 100% approval, to customers via their bytepay platform.
Invisalign does not use standardized pricing. The cost of treatment is dependent on the seriousness of your dental condition and your dentist’s pricing plan. More visits to the dentist normally translate into higher costs. Generally, Invisalign treatments are more expensive than Byte, ranging anywhere from $3,000 to around $8,000.
For credit terms, you will need to talk to your dental professional about their payment plan, which may require a credit check or not.
Summary: Deciding If Byte or Invisalign is Best For You
Byte and Invisalign are two of the most popular teeth alignment options available out there. However, while Invisalign is designed to treat all sorts of teeth misalignment issues, whether minor or severe, Byte can only be used to treat minor misalignment problems.
With Byte, you can achieve the desired results in a shorter period – less than 6 months. Depending on the severity of your teeth misalignment, you can expect the treatment period to last between 6 and 18 months, with Invisalign.
Invisalign requires you to visit a dental professional’s office to get the treatment. And while this means that you can enjoy the benefit of having a qualified professional guiding you through the entire treatment process, making adjustments as and when necessary, it also means that you have to pay a higher cost.
On the other hand, Byte is an at home teeth straightening treatment method that does not require any visits to the dentist’s office. This not only makes it highly convenient but also amounts to lower costs.
If you suffer from minor misalignment issues, and would like to treat from the comfort of your home, without breaking the bank, then Byte is definitely your best option. However, if you seek to correct severe teeth misalignment, then Invisalign might be your best fit.